Set your intention right now to have a magical Christmas season.
- Let go of financial worries. Christmas is not about money or gifts. Really it’s not. If money is tight this year, make a conscious effort to catch yourself if you go into vibration of “I don’t have any money” with your thoughts. Change your thoughts to the vibration of “I have money for everything that truly matters.” And feel the difference. If you have children, focus on a magical Christmas season for them. Set clear intentions, practice a deep-down knowing that all is well, do your best every day and watch what happens. If your finances are good this year, take extra care to spend money with thoughtfulness, gratitude, love and clear intention to bring the most joy possible to you and others.
“All my needs are looked after with ease. I feel the Joy of Christmas within me.”
- Let go of feeling like you don’t enough time. Think about it – you have all the time in the world, the same as everyone else – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you feel stressed, stop and take a deep breath. Remind yourself that you have all the time you need. Have a look to see what you might be doing out of a sense of obligation, rather than desire. What on your “to do” list is optional? Be honest. Where can you get help? What could you get done if you just stopped worrying about it and did it? Where are your thoughts, beliefs & habits contributing to you feeling under pressure? Pay attention, choose wisely and watch time issues dissolve.
“I have time for everything that is important to me.”
- Let go of emotional drama. Dramas can occur more easily around the holidays, especially with family. If tensions and emotions flare up in your home, don’t engage. Easy, right? Ha! Maybe not – but you can do it if you really make an effort. Whether with parents, in-laws, ex-spouses, brothers and sisters, aunts or uncles –whoever pushes your buttons, let it go. Christmas is a season of Joy, yes, but it can be stressful when people are on automatic. Decide to be genuinely joyful and see other people with compassion. The more you can disengage from old emotional patterns and be a genuine beacon of joy and peace for others, the bigger the difference you will make at home and in the world.
“I choose peace in all situations. I see others with love and compassion.”
- Let go of stuff. Despite the season being strongly associated with shopping, there’s nothing like finding unused gifts from Christmas past in your closet to give you perspective on “stuff”. Take advantage. Dedicate even 15 minutes a day between now and Christmas to clearing things you don’t use or need out of your closets and cupboards and give them to charity. Play your favourite Christmas music while you do it – and feel lighter for it!
“I release all that no longer serves me. I make room for good things to come.”
- Let go of how things need to be. Christmas traditions warm the heart – like when you get your tree, when you open presents, having family skating outings, making old family recipes, watching your favourite movies (ours is Christmas Vacation!), but, like everything, they can change with time. Notice what you do at Christmas because it genuinely brings you joy, and what you do from habit. If something doesn’t really work for you any more, think about what you might do differently. Is it time to re-think your Christmas Eve menu? Cull your decorations and change how you decorate your tree? Try a new cookie recipe? Get new lights for outside? A new stocking? A new mug for your hot chocolate? Is it time for some new music? Perhaps it would be fun to invite different people to join you through the holidays – maybe even mix friends with family? Plan a pyjama day or two? Reflect on your traditions, keep what you like, and have fun making any changes that feel right.
“I love and honour traditions – and accept when it’s time for a change.”
- Let go of tolerating mess and dirt. Okay, maybe not a festive topic but it’s important. Mess and dirt make your home feel heavy and “stuck″ and make it difficult to be of good cheer, even at Christmas. Even if it’s not high on your list of things to do, deep clean and tidy as much as you can, even when you are busy. It can be Joyful, really! – a minute, five minutes, twenty minutes whenever you possibly can. Twenty extra minutes a day from now until Christmas can work wonders. If you live with other people and can get them to help, great, but don’t make it a big deal. This is not the time for confrontation. Send love, and hope they follow your lead. Hire cleaners for a day if you can. Here are a few suggestions to help you:
- Go though your kitchen cupboards & drawers and toss out stale-dated spices, chipped dishes, rusted utensils – it takes only a few minutes once you start. Give away the bundt pan you haven’t used in 15 years. Practice saying, “I invite freshness into my life. I release all that is out-dated and broken.”
- Empty your dishwasher as soon as it is clean and load dirty dishes immediately. If you don’t have a dishwasher, make it a habit to always wash and put dishes away right after use.
- Take 15 minutes to organize your refrigerator and make sure everything there is fresh and clean.
- Clear your kitchen counters of everything but your toaster, a bowl of fruit, a coffee-maker or kettle, and some oils and spices by the stove. Notice how good it feels as space opens up. It will still get messed up every day, but make a joyful effort to have counters clear and pristine just once a day, and notice how good it feels.
“I surround myself with order and beauty.”
7. Let go of DIY – ask for help! Remember you can ask both humans and Angels for help! Ask your Angels for inspiration on gift ideas! Set clear intention…Angels please guide me to the perfect gift within my budget. If you are wondering how to get everything done at home, ask for help. Your Angels can only help you if you ask! Ask to be inspired, guided and helped – and feel all through your body a deep knowing that you are supported and guided in every minute! Feel the magic of Christmas flow through you…and listen for your guidance. It doesn’t even matter if you believe in Angels – they will help you anyway!
“I am open to help and inspiration. I feel the love and support of my Angels.
Let all you do this Season flow from a place of joy in your heart. Understand that you are connected to Universal Unconditional Love not dependent on you being naughty or nice! Feel how that Unconditional Love is especially powerful at this time of year. If you can feel truly grateful for all that you have, know that all good things come to you when you align your energy to them, and be kind to yourself and those around you, that’s really all you need to do – all good action flows from there.